9.02.2013

For these times, they are a changin'

Hi guys! Sorry for the long blogging absence. Major madness has ensued as I have recently had some life changes I wanted to share with you all! As I have previously talked about on here, I was set to move out of my apartment at the end of August. I had planned to move back into my parents' house to continue my job search.

However, on the 16th of August I had some fantastic and unexpected news! I was offered an internship position at a museum in New York City, doing what I love: archeology. In my personal life I remain as beauty and fashion-obsessed as ever but professionally I adore archaeology and all it entails. There was one challenge though...I had to be in New York by August 28th!

With tons of support from my parents and friends, I managed to move out of my old apartment and pack the absolute essentials to take with me. I will be in New York until the end of December at the very least, so three seasons had to be accounted for! I flew out last Monday as some of you may have seen on Instagram to start a week of madness.

This past week has entailed figuring out the subway, finding an apartment, starting my internship, moving into my apartment, grocery shopping for the first time, and Labor Day/birthday festivities. Hence, the radio silence...

Regular blogging will commence tomorrow but in the meantime I wanted to update you guys and share some pictures from my first week here.




Happy Labor Day! May friends, food, and fruity cocktails be in store for you!