9.15.2013

High Contrast

The true star of this outfit, at least for me, is the bag. After moving to the city, I discovered that my Longchamp Le Pliage was not quite large enough for the epic amount of things I needed throughout the day. I loved the red color when I initially bought it, but as time went on, wished I had chosen a more neutral option.

I initially thought about getting a backpack, simply to prevent my upper-body from becoming lopsided. Ladies with big bags, you know what I'm talking about! Every backpack designed for women that I looked at was not big enough and way too fussy, with too many elaborate straps and buckles. The men's backpacks, at H&M in particular, were cute but still pretty masculine. Not what I was looking for style-wise.

If I were to pick any new bag to buy, it would definitely be a Céline luggage tote. However, I have yet to successfully grow a money tree. For that reason, I needed to find a different bag. The bag shown here is from H&M. I purchased it last week and have fallen in love. It is cavernous, the pleather (I hate that word) is believable, and it has a fairly similar silhouette to the Céline of my dreams. While I would eventually love to save money for a true designer handbag, this one works pretty great. And for fifty bucks, who can argue?







Outfit Details...

Top: Zara T-Shirt Collection
Jeans: Forever 21
Blazer: Forever 21
Boots: H&M
Bag: H&M