9.03.2013

A Walk in the Park

Yesterday I was feeling restless, cooped up in my apartment while it was raining outside. However, as the weather cleared up late in the afternoon, I wanted to get outside. Coming from Colorado, where the "true" outdoors is always within easy reach, the concrete jungle of the city definitely requires an adjustment. With that in mind I ventured to the city's backyard, Central Park. I have visited the park previously as a child but never by myself. The park also provided the perfect venue for some photography. I love taking pictures of places I visit and would love to document my whole experience in New York. Tons of families were out and about: walking dogs, riding scooters, and playing baseball. There was even a big group having an outdoor party, celebrating Labor Day. Walking through the park really cemented the beginning of my New York experience. At times, the move still seems surreal and more like an extended vacation. I truly felt like I was participating in the life of the city and closer to being home. Below are some pictures from yesterday afternoon, hope you enjoy!