1.15.2014

Colorado Christmas

Hey blog readers! With the new year already well begun, it may seem silly to address Christmas. However, much has happened for me personally in the interim. While I was home for what seemed like a minute, I managed to take some pictures with my new camera (Santa was very kind) before returning to chilly New York, my first New Year's away from home, much moving to be done and a new apartment without internet until yesterday. I'm certainly enjoying my new digs and even braved the hell that is Ikea to order a new bed and dresser. It's my first non-student apartment and I am indulging my slightly more mature decorating tastes that do not revolve around pink and former dorm room items.  It's my second move already while having this blog and I'm gathering experience and patience by the handfuls! My internship has started back up and I'm excited to return to the museum. I'm loving what I'm doing and love all the friends I've made and will continue to make. I also have some exciting things planned for the blog in the coming year.

As far as these pictures go, these were taken Christmas afternoon on a walk with my sister, dad and one of our dogs, Truman. We hiked "The Butte", a very large hill near my parents' house that I used to run with my dad in preparation for the high school cross country season. The top has great views of the front range, downtown and the surrounding area. It was a warm December and I enjoyed the opportunity to get outside while I was home. While I love the city, it doesn't offer the kind of scenery that my Colorado home does.