11.27.2013

Wisdom Wednesday: Family

Happy Wednesday! With Wednesday comes the inevitable "hump day" blues, sense of disillusionment, exhaustion, and longing for the weekend. Like a good shot of espresso, an inspiring quote can often inspire and perk me up, ready to take on what the rest of the day and week holds. Each Wednesday here on notsosimplestyle features a few bits of wisdom on varying topics, in the hopes you may find humor, inspiration, solace and affirmation.

With Thanksgiving rapidly approaching, it's that time of year when family and friends come together. We can be thankful for our family by blood, by marriage, by time, by love. No matter how we found them, what we call them, where they are; they are family. 


The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege.
                       ~ Charles Kuralt


In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.
                       ~ Alex Haley


I was born into the most remarkable and eccentric family I could possibly have hoped for.
                       ~ Maureen O'Hara


One of the things that binds us as a family is a shared sense of humor.
                       ~ Ralph Fiennes


My friends and family are my support system. They tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear and they are there for me in the good and bad times. Without them I have no idea where I would be and I know that their love for me is what's keeping my head above the water.
                        ~ Kelly Clarkson


Blood relatives often have nothing to do with family, and similarly, family is about who you choose to make your life with.
                        ~ Oliver Hudson


So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty. All other pacts of love or fear derive from it and are modeled upon it.
                         ~ Haniel Long


My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what's important to me.
                         ~ Michael Imperioli


When we're dealing with the people in our family - no matter how annoying or gross they may be, no matter how self-inflicted their suffering may appear, no matter how afflicted they are with ignorance, prejudice or nose hairs - we give from the deepest parts of ourselves.
                         ~ Anne Lamott


I cannot remember a moment in my life when I have not felt the love of my family. We were a family that would have killed for each other - and we still are.
                         ~ Richard Branson